Week 4 DiscussionDiscussion Topic
Before beginning work on this week’s discussion post, review the following resources:
From the assigned readings, select one topic for which you will lead the discussion in the forum this week. Early in the week, reserve your selected topic by posting your response (reservation post) in the Discussion Area, identifying your topic in the subject line. By the due date assigned, research your topic and start a scholarly conversation as you respond with your initial or primary post to your own reservation post.
Some of the main topics (Dynamics Themes) this week include:
Other potential topics and subtopics exist in the readings.
Be very specific about the topic you choose (e.g., which communication theories or what it is about power that you are analyzing?). Also, now that you have begun to study several OB themes in the course, begin looking for relationships between themes from past weeks and the current week and considering how current organizational environments (e.g., globalization, technology, and change) interact with OB.
As the beginning of a scholarly conversation, your initial post should be:
- Succinctno more than 500 words.
- Provocativeuse concepts and combinations of concepts from the readings to propose relationships, causes, and/or consequences that inspire others to engage (inquire and learn). In other words, take a scholarly stand.
- Supportedscholarly conversations are more than opinions. Ideas, statements, and conclusions are supported by clear research and citations from course materials as well as other credible, peer-reviewed resources.
- The reservation post and the initial post are assessed in the rubric line item “Quality of initial posting.”
- Neither the reservation post nor the initial post “count” toward days of participation.
- Follow-up posts made throughout the week to your colleagues and professor will apply to participation points in the rubric.
- All posts will be assessed for writing mechanics and information literacy. Be sure to review the expanded rubric for more details on grading criteria.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."