Pharmacotherapy for Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary Disorders
- Review the case study assigned by your Instructor for this Assignment
- Reflect on the patients symptoms, medical history, and drugs currently prescribed.
- Think about a possible diagnosis for the patient. Consider whether the patient has a disorder related to the gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary system or whether the symptoms are the result of a disorder from another system or other factors, such as pregnancy, drugs, or a psychological disorder.
- Consider an appropriate drug therapy plan based on the patients history, diagnosis, and drugs currently prescribed.
Write a 1-page paper that addresses the following:
- Explain your diagnosis for the patient, including your rationale for the diagnosis.
- Describe an appropriate drug therapy plan based on the patients history, diagnosis, and drugs currently prescribed.
- Justify why you would recommend this drug therapy plan for this patient. Be specific and provide examples.
- 3-4 references.
DC is a 46-year-old female who presents with a 24-hour history of RUQ pain. She states the pain started about 1 hour after a large dinner she had with her family. She has had nausea and one instance of vomiting before presentation.
HTN Temp: 98.8oF
Type II DM Wt: 202 lbs
Gout Ht: 58
DVT Caused by oral BCPs BP: 136/82
HR: 82 bpm
Current Medications: Notable Labs:
Lisinopril 10 mg daily WBC: 13,000/mm3
HCTZ 25 mg daily Total bilirubin: 0.8 mg/dL
Allopurinol 100 mg daily Direct bilirubin: 0.6 mg/dL
Multivitamin daily Alk Phos: 100 U/L
AST: 45 U/L
ALT: 30 U/L
- Eyes: EOMI
- HENT: Normal
- GI:Nondistended, minimal tenderness
- Skin:Warm and dry
- Neuro: Alert and Oriented
- Psych:Appropriate mood
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."