Explain Economic Value Added (EVA) and compute Computrons EVA if total net operating capital is $25 million?
Dilli Bista, MBA is the financial manager for Computron Inc. a large public corporation specializing in software manufacturing. The company designs and develops software programs that allow users to create their own documents, apps, animations, and other media content. Despite a huge investment made last three years in fixed assets, the companys sales revenue and profit margins have decreased over the years because of the Covid-19 pandemic and complaints of some parents about the effect of video games on their kids social life and academic performance. Dilli is analyzing the companys financial statements and annual reports to determine the financial performance of the company for the year and see how the performance can be improved.
Dilli noticed that last year the company had $4 million in operating income (EBIT). The company had a depreciation expense of $1 million and an interest expense of $1 million. The companys tax rate is 25%. The company has $14 million in operating current assets and $4 million in operating current liabilities and has $15 million in net plant and equipment. The company has after-tax cost of capital of 10%.
1. List four types of financial statements that the companys annual report typically include. State three items that can be found in each of the financial statement of Computron Inc.
2. Determine Computrons net income for the year. Show your calculations.
3. What was Computrons net cash flow?
4. What was Computrons net operating profit after taxes (NOPAT)?
5. Calculate net operating working capital and total net operating capital for the year.
6. Calculate Computrons free cash flow for the year if net operating capital in the previous year was $24 million.
7. Explain to the chairman of the board five uses of free cash flow that can help maximize the value of the firm.
8. Explain Economic Value Added (EVA) and compute Computrons EVA if total net operating capital is $25 million? The companys after-tax cost of capital is 10.0%.
9. Compute and explain market value added (MVA) for Computron using the following information:
i. total number of shares outstanding is 2 million
ii. current stock price is $35 per share
iii. total common equity is $68.2 million
10. Calculate the companys return on invested capital (ROIC). Do you think Computrons growth added value?
Submit your answers in a Word document.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."