An early childhood program is influenced by the theory on which it is founded.
An early childhood program is influenced by the theory on which it is founded. Theories of childhood are based on what a child is, the nature of childhood, childhood’s function or purpose, and how the ideas of a child are used in society. Programs may follow a specific developmental theory, such as Montessori, or offer specific services for a center’s children.
For this assignment, reflect on what you learned this week. Create a presentation for new center administrators that will be presented by an administrator at a professional development seminar on the importance of applying and connecting educational theories to their early childhood center’s curriculum. Use a minimum of two theories for this assignment.
Select from the following list of theories:
- Erikson’s Psychosocial Developmental Theory
- Bowlby’s Attachment Theory
- Freud’s Psychosexual Developmental Theory
- Bandura’s Social Learning Theory
- Piaget’s Cognitive Developmental Theory
- Bronfenbrenner’s Ecological Systems Theory
- Gardner’s Multiple Intelligence Theory
- Maslow’s Self-actualization Theory
- Vygotsky’s Sociocultural Theory
Be sure your presentation addresses the following:
- Describe the theories.
- Explain how the theories connect to the curriculum.
- Demonstrate how the theories connect to leadership in early childhood programs.
- Examine what aspects of the theories are most important for administrators to understand.
- Illustrate why the aspects are important.
Add a graphic, table, or figure on each slide, except for the references slide. Be sure to cite the source of all graphics or photos; check out sites like Creative Commons, Pixabay, and Pexels for photos you can share without violating copyright restrictions.
Length: 10 slides, not including the title and reference slides. Speaker Notes Length: 200-350 words per slide
References: Include a minimum of five (5) scholarly references that are seminal references, secondary references, or references published within the last five (5) years.
The completed assignment should address all of the assignment requirements, exhibit evidence of concept knowledge, and demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the content presented in the course. The writing should integrate scholarly resources, reflect academic expectations and current APA standards, and adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
When applicable, conduct a Turnitin pre-check and then upload your completed assignment and click the Submit to Dropbox button.
Due DateAug 14, 2022 11:59 PM
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."