Descriptive Language Assignment (ENGL1013 English Composition)
Practice describing images in a vibrant way by completing the exercises below. Follow the directions and steps within the prompt document above to complete this assignment.
Step 1: Listen to a soundscape and take notes
· Choose a soundscape below and click through to the corresponding YouTube video (youll need headphones or speakers for this activity):
o Rainy Night Coffee Shop Ambience (Links to an external site.) https://youtu.be/c0_ejQQcrwI
o Aurora Hotel Ambience (Links to an external site.) https://youtu.be/4bRxLVSfHPU
· Close your eyes and visualize yourself in the scene, based on the sounds and the description paragraph.
· Download this document and take notes on each of the sections using the graphic organizer on page 1.
Step 2: Write an original paragraph
· Taking directly from your sensory notes in step #1, compose an original paragraph (or two) of 4-6 sentences each, adding your own detailed images from the previous step to craft a short narrative. Keep listening as you write.
· If you need a place to start, read over the example (on page 2 of the document) and/or consider beginning your first sentence with one of the following phrases from today’s reading (Links to an external site.):
o You stand there
o When Im here, I know that
o Every time
o I [see/smell/hear/feel/taste]
o We had been
o I think sometimes
· Save your document once you’re finished.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."