CRJ430: Advanced Law Enforcement
Week 8 Assignment – Planning for Conflict
Your department has been involved in several high-profile use of force incidents that have resulted in community unrest. You have been tasked with improving your departments use of force policy.
The Police Executive Research Forum (PERF) has researched and recommended 30 Guiding Principles for use of force policies. From this list, identify the five principles that you believe are most vital to restore the communitys faith in its police department. Review Chapters 10 and 14 from your Community Policing Today: Issues, Controversies, and Innovations text for additional information.
Complete a 57 page report in which you:
- Identify five guiding principles that will most effectively update your use of force policy.
- Detail the steps necessary to incorporate each selected principle into current organizational operations.
- Include details of what would be needed for each principle, such as training, equipment, or policy oversight.
- Explain how you will communicate these changes to the community.
- Suggest 23 specific methods to communicate results of these changes to the community.
- Use five credible, relevant, and appropriate sources to support your writing. Cite each source listed on your source page at least once within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
- You may use 30 Guiding Principles and your Community Policing Today text for two of your sources, but you must provide at least three additional sources to support your selected initiatives.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Review strategies to address contemporary challenges in police operations.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."