- Identify the therapy modality by name.
- Identify the originator (creator) of the specific modality.
- Identify a specific diagnosis or population this modality is especially helpful with.
- Note specific focus, emphasis, and/or goals of this modality.
Therapy modalities (define criteria for each modality):
- Narrative Therapy
- Feminist Therapy
There are some therapies geared toward specific populations. In Feminist therapy the focus group is minorities. However, other therapies are very wide-spread and allow almost any situation or population to benefit; Narrative therapy and Solutions Focused Brief therapy fall into this category. The unique feature of all of these therapies mentioned this week is that they allow for the client to share their story, then make clear goals with small steps towards achieving them.
This week trauma-informed care also comes into focus. This is a perspective of viewing all clients and patients in any setting through a lens of the unknown experiences of their past. Trauma-Informed care seeks to have the premise that providers should treat all patients as if they have endured trauma while thoroughly assessing the situation. With those assessments in psychiatric mental health healthcare, we have to be aware of suicidality, and if the patient has lethal means to complete these thoughts. This will further be examined this week.
This unit addresses the following objective(s):
- Demonstrate an understanding of various psychotherapy theoretical concepts, frameworks and modalities for the treatment and management of individuals, groups and families across the lifespan with acute, complex, and chronic psychiatric mental health disorders including a focus on vulnerable populations at risk for mental health?issues, and considerations of cultural, socio-economic, legal and ethical factors affect those seeking treatment.
- Exhibit knowledge of acute, complex, and chronic psychiatric mental health disorders related to criteria of the current edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders to diagnose and manage individuals, groups and families across the life span and the formation of a differential diagnosis to establish treatment planning for care with special emphasis on matching specific psychotherapy modalities that correlate to specific psychiatric mental health diagnosis for best outcomes based on evidence based research data and findings .?
- Analyze evidence-based therapeutic models of interview techniques to obtain a full history and assessment for use in developing a differential diagnosis and to develop a therapeutic relationship with patient-centered care for individuals, groups, and families across the life span with acute, complex, and chronic psychiatric mental health disorders.
- Evaluate the PMHNP role in screening, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment with psychotherapy modalities in psychiatric mental health care across the lifespan while including health promotion, advocacy, healthcare policy and placement within the continuum of care.
- Identify core professional values and ethical/legal standards into the practice of the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner role with relation to patient safety, quality indicators, and outcome improvement in the delivery of quality psychiatric mental health care to patients.??
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."