Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read Chapter 4 in your course textbook.
Imagine that you are a resident of Arzaville, a community whose characteristics are described below. You have come together with your neighbors for a special meeting to devise a management plan for helping the community become more resilient and sustainable in terms of its food production by 2050. A community that is resilient is able to recover quickly from events like drought or storms. By increasing its own food production, Arzaville can also reduce its food milesthe distance that imported food must travel. By making its food production more sustainable, Arzaville can help ensure that its residents food needs are supplied for generations to come, without placing undue harm on the local environment in the process.
Fortunately, you have all attended the meeting with the knowledge that you have gained from your readings in this course. Now it is time to put your thinking cap on and get to work! Your ideas should consist of one or more of the following elements (some suggestions may apply to both categories):
- Food resiliency measures (e.g., building vertical farms in the city center to ensure that urban residents can have access to fresh, organically grown produce).
- Food sustainability measures (e.g., phasing out use of organic pesticides in favor of companion planting and other organic methods).
This weeks discussion will take place in an online app called Tricider. There, you will be able to post your ideas for plan components and also share pros and cons of different proposals during the week. Finally, you will be able to vote on the three components that you think the plan should include.
- Post at least two separate and entirely original ideas. Do not duplicate ideas already posted by your peers.
- Include your full name for each one.
- Post at least six different pros and six different cons for your classmates proposed ideas (12 in all).
- Vote on what you feel are the top three ideas in the list.
- Do not vote before Friday, so that you can vote from the full collection of student ideas.
You must complete the three tasks above to receive full credit for this discussion.
Please note: You are welcome to post questions and comments to this board for your instructor; however, this discussion board does not have any posting requirements of its own, and no additional credit will be given for posts made here.
In this discussion area, your instructor will post the following:
- The Arzaville description you will be using for this activity.
- The link you will be using to access Tricider for this activity.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."