A 44-year-old woman has a 10-year history of type 2 diabetes. She is a nonsmoker with well-controlled hypertension. She is on :
-metformin 1000mg BID
-omega-3 1000mg ii BID
lisinopril/hydrochlorothiazide 20/25 QD.
She has a family history of diabetes.
BP 134/78, BMI of 36.0, HbA1C 7.5%
FLP: LDLC 95 mg/dL, triglycerides 350 mg/dL, and HDLC 38 mg/dL
- Based upon the case information and the patient’s lipid profile, describe your approach to therapy using each of the currently available guidelines:
- 2013 ACC/AHA Blood Cholesterol Guidelines for ASCVD Prevention
- 2014 NLA Recommendations for Patient-Centered Management of Dyslipidemia
- 2016/2017 ACC Expert Consensus Decision Pathway on the Role of Non-Statin Therapies for Additional LDL-lowering
- Now that you have compared and contrasted the various approaches, how would you educate the patient on the medications you have chosen?
NOTE: If recommending therapy provide drug, dose and rationale please.
Post your initial response and Respond to one student. Both responses should be a minimum of 150 words, scholarly written, APA formatted, and referenced. A minimum of 2 references are required
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."